A Most Chocolatey New Year
A Bittersweet Goodbye?
by Lindsay Tarnoff
A Chocolate New Year
They say hindsight is 2020.
I hope that is true for the year 2020. It’s been quite a year. For me personally, it is the year my family grew to a family of four as we welcomed our second daughter in March. Pandemics, masks, quarantine, racial justice, defunding police, elections. Many of us dug deep in ourselves, began or continued an attempt to reconcile histories we did not want to acknowledge with the society we thought we knew. We learned, we grew, we cried. We laughed. We Zoomed.
We Zoomed a lot. Or WebEx-ed or Google Meet (Met) with our Chocolate Tastings. Thank you for supporting us this past year – especially these past nine months!
It’s been a year, and hindsight is 2020, but in order to really know the significance of this year, we need to welcome next year. Which brings me to the true purpose of this post: Saying farewell to 2020 and ringing in 2021. We celebrate locally, of course! Check out Visit Rochester’s post with recommendations of how to ring in the new year with local take out and dining. We are honored to be included in their dessert suggestions.
Meanwhile, we have plenty of suggestions for how to celebrate New Year’s Eve with chocolate!
- Pick up a jar of salted caramel chocolate sauce, heat it up and dip fruit, pretzels and other goodies for a yummy dessert
- Pick up a host gift for yourself! Those bourbon cream truffles, cranberry orange truffles, peppermint bark and berries n cream bars are delish!
- What better way to start out 2021 than a wine and chocolate pairing
- Meltaways! AKA hot chocolate bombs or hot cocoa bombs. Whether you plan to let 2020 “melt away” or welcome the new year as an “explosion” – with our meltaways, 2021 is sure to be “bomb” when you start it with one of our meltaways.
- Feel good about the way you welcome in the new year – our “Inspired by Roc” collection gives back to Willow Domestic Violence and Foodlink.
- Eating in? Check out our October blogpost with a favorite pasta dish sprinkled with elements of chocolate.
- Wake up on New Year’s Day and celebrate with a chocolate and cheese breakfast spread and/or peppermint chocolate mimosas! Ask for details.
Remember to place your order on our website by noon on Wednesday for Thursday 12/31 pick up. Happy New Year!
Susan B. Anthony for transparently sourced chocolate
Inspired by a history of social justice I moved to Rochester in the summer of 2016, knowing little about the city. My new husband and I relocated for his job. We had no connections to the area, but I was excited to open a brick and mortar version of Laughing Gull...
Chocolate for Passover and Easter
info@LaughingGullChocolates.com 585-417-58581868 East Main Street Rochester, NY 14609 Login/RegisterBirds chirping, flowers sprouting, buds on the trees - and it's almost time for Easter and Passover! How are chocolate and Passover and Easter linked so closely?...
Fermentation and Friis Holm Chocolate
As a naturally curious person, one of the components of chocolate and cacao which immediately caught my attention was the scientific complexity. Are you interested in tasting this complexity for yourself? Our craft chocolate bar selection is carefully curated to...