“Out-of-the-Box” Mother’s Day Gifts 2022
Sweet Treats to Eat and Virtual Experiences
Moms, Chocolate, and Community
One of the things that I love about chocolate is that it brings people together, and without one another who are we? Our community means the world to us – and so, as Mother’s Day approaches this year, we want to acknowledge ours. Laughing Gull Chocolates owners Allison, Karla and Lindsay experience the everyday laughs, challenges and snuggles of motherhood every day, and we owe so much of the best parts of it to our community of friends, neighbors and chocolate lovers.
For all the moms-to-be, and the many-times-over moms; the natural birth moms, for those grieving; the single moms, the moms in spirit and everyone in between. We are sending love to everyone this Mother’s Day – and hope you get to enjoy some chocolate, since that is one of the many ways we get to take a moment for ourselves.
Mother's Day Chocolate Gift Guide 2022
While any chocolate makes a great gift, as moms and chocolatiers, we wanted to share some of our favorites! These ethically and transparently sourced chocolates are delicious no matter the time of year, and especially perfect to send love to the moms in your life.
- The classic Mother’s Day Bundle – truffles, chocolate bark and chocolate dipped fruit. Plus the chocolate add-ons to let those moms know how extra special they are.
- Looking for a gift that keeps on giving? Check out our Subscription Box or Truffle of the Month Club for a one-of-a-kind chocolate experience all year long.
- I don’t know about all moms, but I can speak for myself – I’m tired! Chocolate and coffee help, and so we are offering a Coffee Lover Gift Bundle that includes a box of 2 coffee bites our 2 of our limited edition, delicious caramel latte truffles, a box of 4 Mocha Pods (choose from Pure Dark or White Chocolate Peppermint) and a signature Laughing Gull Chocolates ceramic mug or travel mug
- A unique at-home chocolate experience: a single-origin chocolate truffle flight meant just for you and Mom – or you and your mom best friends! When you experience a single-origin chocolate, you’re tasting something special. By isolating single origins of cacao in this truffle flight, you will experience the differences of cacao from different locations. We’ve chosen some of our favorite origins for this flight- Ecuador, Peru, Madagascar, and Uganda.
- Mind Your Own Uterus! Need we say more? For the moms or mom-like figures in your life, who love purple, chocolate, and care about women’s rights.
- Local to Rochester and love it?! We have the quintessential floral chocolate made for Roc moms.
- These are some of our favorites – and honestly, what says, “I love you, Mom,” more than these raspberry beauties. We love these heart-shaped fluffles.
- Last – but certainly not least – what better way to celebrate with your mom, enjoy your best friends for a mom’s night out, or spend some of your own “Me” time. We’ve curated the perfect event to celebrate Mother’s Day this year! In-person, at Salena’s Event Space, join us to taste a cacao bean, 8 unique chocolate samples crafted by Bean to Bar makers and Laughing Gull Chocolates. And the icing on the proverbial cake? Go home with your very own hand rolled truffles! Mother’s Day Tasting Teaser
Chocolate for Mom that you can feel good about
No matter your journey or perspective of motherhood, we know every mom works hard and is doing the best they can. This Mother’s Day, send them thanks, or love, or a smile with Laughing Gull Chocolates.
Chocolate for Passover and Easter
info@LaughingGullChocolates.com 585-417-58581868 East Main Street Rochester, NY 14609 Login/RegisterBirds chirping, flowers sprouting, buds on the trees - and it's almost time for Easter and Passover! How are chocolate and Passover and Easter linked so closely?...
Fermentation and Friis Holm Chocolate
As a naturally curious person, one of the components of chocolate and cacao which immediately caught my attention was the scientific complexity. Are you interested in tasting this complexity for yourself? Our craft chocolate bar selection is carefully curated to...
Creating Community and Intimacy with Chocolate
AKA Xocola'j Almost three years ago, I wrote a blogpost about the quiche word xocola’j, which I encountered thanks to Megan Giller and Michael and Sophie Coe. Xocola’j is just one word that has a deeper, complex meaning: drinking chocolate together; connecting...