Moist, light, fluffy, chocolatey and just the right amount of spice. We were so happy with the way this turned out and can’t wait to see how yours turns out!
Spiced Chocolate Souffle
For too long, our list of things to do has included sharing recipes that incorporate our products. We figured Chocolate Souffle Day was the perfect day to start!
We made this spiced chocolate souffle with our spiced drinking chocolate mix, and it was heavenly! We’re sharing some of our bliss with you. We chose to use our spiced chocolate mix, although the peppermint or classic would be equally delicious! Accompanied by some fresh whipped cream and our warm salted caramel sauce, we don’t know what would be better! Here’s the recipe:
2 Tbs butter plus more for coating ramekins
1/3 c granulated sugar, plus more for coating ramekins
7 eggs, separated
Serve with ice cream and whipped cream, and drizzle with salted caramel sauce for an elevated, mouth watering experience.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter 6 ramekins or 1 large souffle dish and coat with excess sugar.
3. Heat the chocolate and butter in a glass or metal bowl over a double boiler,* stirring occasionally. When blended and smooth, remove from heat.
* Pro-tip: if you don’t have a double boiler, place a glass or metal bowl on top of a pot filled with a small amount of water.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 c granulated sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until slightly paler in color.
5. Add whisked egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, then fold in egg whites.
6. Spoon or pipe the chocolate mixture into the prepared ramekins and arrange on baking sheet. Place in the middle of the oven and bake until the souffles are risen and cooked, 12-20 minutes. Remove souffles from the oven and serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce for a rich, mouth watering elevated experience!
We hope you enjoy as much as we did!
by Lindsay TarnoffHave you had an espresso martini recently? Before this week, I had never had one. Let me tell you about the salted caramel chocolate espresso martini that we made. I don’t have much to compare it to but I can tell you that everyone who tried it...
by Lindsay TarnoffDoes Halloween bring out the kid in you? It does for so many of us. Costumes galore, scary movies, chocolate of course, and don't even get me started on witches! (Check out our workshops on the Magic of Chocolate: The History of Chocolate of...
info@LaughingGullChocolates.com 585-417-58581868 East Main Street Rochester, NY 14609 Login/RegisterAnd a Partial Eclipse in just a few weeks! TL;DR: Join us for a partial eclipse viewing party on October 14 between 11 and 4! Six months later, on April 8, we’ll be...