A Most Chocolatey New Year
A Bittersweet Goodbye?
A Chocolate New Year
They say hindsight is 2020.
I hope that is true for the year 2020. It’s been quite a year. For me personally, it is the year my family grew to a family of four as we welcomed our second daughter in March. Pandemics, masks, quarantine, racial justice, defunding police, elections. Many of us dug deep in ourselves, began or continued an attempt to reconcile histories we did not want to acknowledge with the society we thought we knew. We learned, we grew, we cried. We laughed. We Zoomed.
We Zoomed a lot. Or WebEx-ed or Google Meet (Met) with our Chocolate Tastings. Thank you for supporting us this past year – especially these past nine months!
It’s been a year, and hindsight is 2020, but in order to really know the significance of this year, we need to welcome next year. Which brings me to the true purpose of this post: Saying farewell to 2020 and ringing in 2021. We celebrate locally, of course! Check out Visit Rochester’s post with recommendations of how to ring in the new year with local take out and dining. We are honored to be included in their dessert suggestions.
Meanwhile, we have plenty of suggestions for how to celebrate New Year’s Eve with chocolate!
- Pick up a jar of salted caramel chocolate sauce, heat it up and dip fruit, pretzels and other goodies for a yummy dessert
- Pick up a host gift for yourself! Those bourbon cream truffles, cranberry orange truffles, peppermint bark and berries n cream bars are delish!
- What better way to start out 2021 than a wine and chocolate pairing
- Meltaways! AKA hot chocolate bombs or hot cocoa bombs. Whether you plan to let 2020 “melt away” or welcome the new year as an “explosion” – with our meltaways, 2021 is sure to be “bomb” when you start it with one of our meltaways.
- Feel good about the way you welcome in the new year – our “Inspired by Roc” collection gives back to Willow Domestic Violence and Foodlink.
- Eating in? Check out our October blogpost with a favorite pasta dish sprinkled with elements of chocolate.
- Wake up on New Year’s Day and celebrate with a chocolate and cheese breakfast spread and/or peppermint chocolate mimosas! Ask for details.
Remember to place your order on our website by noon on Wednesday for Thursday 12/31 pick up. Happy New Year!
Out-of-the-Box Mother's Day Gifts Sweet Treats to Eat and Virtual Experiences 2021Sweet Treats to Eat and Virtual Experiences 2021 Is it too cliche to say that being a mom has changed my life? Amidst all of the chaos and tragedy and unknown of the past year, my little...
Musings of Spring Holidays and ChocolateEaster candy and Passover treats for your holiday celebration 2021: Revised and RepostedPassover has always been one of my favorite holidays. Not only did it mean spring was here; it was also an opportunity to feast with loved...
Featured Recipe Cooking with ChocolateSpiced Chocolate FettuccineIt’s #NationalPastaDay and the day came just in the nick of time. I was hungry, and on my (miles long) list of things to do was experiment with cooking with chocolate. Since I have a baby at home, and...