Moist, light, fluffy, chocolatey and just the right amount of spice. We were so happy with the way this turned out and can’t wait to see how yours turns out!
Spiced Chocolate Souffle
For too long, our list of things to do has included sharing recipes that incorporate our products. We figured Chocolate Souffle Day was the perfect day to start!
We made this spiced chocolate souffle with our spiced drinking chocolate mix, and it was heavenly! We’re sharing some of our bliss with you. We chose to use our spiced chocolate mix, although the peppermint or classic would be equally delicious! Accompanied by some fresh whipped cream and our warm salted caramel sauce, we don’t know what would be better! Here’s the recipe:
2 Tbs butter plus more for coating ramekins
1/3 c granulated sugar, plus more for coating ramekins
7 eggs, separated
Serve with ice cream and whipped cream, and drizzle with salted caramel sauce for an elevated, mouth watering experience.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter 6 ramekins or 1 large souffle dish and coat with excess sugar.
3. Heat the chocolate and butter in a glass or metal bowl over a double boiler,* stirring occasionally. When blended and smooth, remove from heat.
* Pro-tip: if you don’t have a double boiler, place a glass or metal bowl on top of a pot filled with a small amount of water.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 c granulated sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until slightly paler in color.
5. Add whisked egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, then fold in egg whites.
6. Spoon or pipe the chocolate mixture into the prepared ramekins and arrange on baking sheet. Place in the middle of the oven and bake until the souffles are risen and cooked, 12-20 minutes. Remove souffles from the oven and serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce for a rich, mouth watering elevated experience!
We hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Featured Recipe Cooking with ChocolateSpiced Chocolate FettuccineIt’s #NationalPastaDay and the day came just in the nick of time. I was hungry, and on my (miles long) list of things to do was experiment with cooking with chocolate. Since I have a baby at home, and...
Inside the PodExperiments in Cooking with Cacao Pulp and a PodThe last couple weeks of July brought great packages to Laughing Gull Chocolates. You may have seen our social media post last week about receiving a red backpack full of goodies as part of our grant...
Chocolate Independence Day RamblingsDepending on others this Independence Day, or, Xocola'j Those that know me understand that chocolate is not merely my profession; chocolate has been an integral part of my life for as long as I can remember. Chocolate is ingrained...