Moist, light, fluffy, chocolatey and just the right amount of spice. We were so happy with the way this turned out and can’t wait to see how yours turns out!
Spiced Chocolate Souffle
For too long, our list of things to do has included sharing recipes that incorporate our products. We figured Chocolate Souffle Day was the perfect day to start!
We made this spiced chocolate souffle with our spiced drinking chocolate mix, and it was heavenly! We’re sharing some of our bliss with you. We chose to use our spiced chocolate mix, although the peppermint or classic would be equally delicious! Accompanied by some fresh whipped cream and our warm salted caramel sauce, we don’t know what would be better! Here’s the recipe:
2 Tbs butter plus more for coating ramekins
1/3 c granulated sugar, plus more for coating ramekins
7 eggs, separated
Serve with ice cream and whipped cream, and drizzle with salted caramel sauce for an elevated, mouth watering experience.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter 6 ramekins or 1 large souffle dish and coat with excess sugar.
3. Heat the chocolate and butter in a glass or metal bowl over a double boiler,* stirring occasionally. When blended and smooth, remove from heat.
* Pro-tip: if you don’t have a double boiler, place a glass or metal bowl on top of a pot filled with a small amount of water.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 c granulated sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until slightly paler in color.
5. Add whisked egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, then fold in egg whites.
6. Spoon or pipe the chocolate mixture into the prepared ramekins and arrange on baking sheet. Place in the middle of the oven and bake until the souffles are risen and cooked, 12-20 minutes. Remove souffles from the oven and serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce for a rich, mouth watering elevated experience!
We hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Saving the World with ChocolateRacial Injustices and the Colors of ChocolateIt is time to do more. When I first started Laughing Gull Chocolates, I boldly claimed - and naively believed - that I was going to save the world with chocolate. In part, it was likely this...
Out-of-the-Box Mother's Day Gifts Sweet Treats to Eat and Virtual ExperiencesGrowing up, I knew how fortunate I was to have my mom. She was the best mom, role model, and as far as I can tell, loved the job (perhaps second only to being a grandmother)? In fact, it was...
Sustainable ChocolateOne Experience Visiting a Biodiverse Cacao Farm in Vietnam *First blogged in 2017. Reposting today for Earth Day 2020*A few years ago, my parents gave me what would become one of my favorite sweatshirts: it’s yellow, depicts a smiling penguin, and...